Now in daylight-savings delayed format, here’s some news and links to start off your almost-spring-Sunday.
In Mariners News...
- Jarred Kelenic is intimidating his adductors into behaving.
Jarred Kelenic is "progressing rapidly" from the adductor strain he sustained eight days ago, Servais said.— Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) March 13, 2021
Today, the club's trainers will map out a more thorough rehab plan to ramp up his baseball activity.
- We’ll finally see James Paxton! Except we won’t because tomorrow is not on TV. But we’ll finally see James Paxton!
Paxton will start against the Diamondbacks on Monday.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) March 13, 2021
- Daniel Kramer wrote about the family affair side of yesterday’s game for the M’s ace.
- An unfortunate update about Roenis.
Not good news on Mariners LHP Roenis Elias. Has a serious issue with left elbow/forearm and is talking to multiple doctors about what's next.— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) March 14, 2021
- Not good, but not as bad for the Roenis news—sounds more precautionary for Jake Fraley.
Mariners scratched Jake Fraley from the lineup today after colliding into the wall with a dive yesterday. They hope to play him tomorrow.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 14, 2021
- A shortened tilt today with Kikuchi on the bump and Root Sports on the coverage.
Mariners and Brewers game scheduled to go 7 innings today.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) March 14, 2021
Around the League...
- Rob Arthur at Baseball Prospectus found himself wondering if the new ball pushes us further into three true outcomes territory. ($)
- The Angels’ superstar prospect may be held out for a bit, but it doesn’t sound too serious.
Upon further evaluation, Jo Adell has a knee contusion, #Angels say. He will work out today. He is day to day.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) March 14, 2021
He ran into the wall trying to make a catch yesterday.
- Rangers prospect Bayron Lora was in a car accident in the Dominican Republic, but it seems he will recover satisfactorily. A good time to remind everyone to put the phone down, stay focused on the road, etc. Two pedestrians were recently killed on the road near my house when struck by a driver. Cars are dangerous.
UPDATED: Rangers prospect Bayron Lora has been recovering satisfactorily in his health condition. https://t.co/YK9c2DLAo9— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) March 13, 2021
- Good Dan Altavilla appeared yesterday. We’ll see when the other one shows up again.
- I could listen to Yu Darvish talk about pitching all day.
How does Yu Darvish change the speed and shape of his Cutter??— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) March 13, 2021
More amazing stuff from @faridyu, pitch grip genius.
If you're a Pitcher, Coach or Fan of Pitching, you can't miss this.
Watch the FULL 20 minute discussion!
YouTube Link-->https://t.co/7LL2ervZgQ pic.twitter.com/CiBTuaF0Pp
- Tony Wolters had the ultra-rare two balls on a swinging strike.
- What does your t-shirt say about you? I have a few favorites, but the best one is the one I got from a kickstarter years ago that says “Live life like you’re batting .400”.
- I’ll be watching with interest to see the #1 longest hitter on the PGA Tour, Bryson DeChambeau, face off against the #105 longest hitter, Lee Westwood, in the final pairing for the second straight week. DeChambeau continues to look like a Pixar character golfer... but right now it’s working.