Hello everyone and happy Super Bowl weekend! After tomorrow, the torch will be officially passed to baseball with all teams reporting to camp next week. There’s still plenty of baseball-related news to cover though, so let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- Now we get to see Bryce Miller’s splitter against live hitters! I’m very intrigued to see how it measures up against the game’s best hitters.
- Congrats to local photographer Lindsey Wasson on her much-deserved honor for this awesome shot.
- Adam Jude at The Seattle Times wonders if 2024 will represent a comeback season offensively for Ty France, who has been working hard to change his swing this winter.
- The Darren McCaughan era is over in Seattle, as the M’s dealt the right-hander to the Marlins for cash considerations.
Around the league...
- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber has decided to retire.
- Former Angels and Mets general manager Billy Eppler has been suspended for one year by Major League Baseball for faking injuries for players while he was with New York.
- Despite the obvious fit, the Rangers are reportedly not in the running for left-hander Jordan Montgomery at present.
- Michael Baumann at Fangraphs wonders what a one-year contract would look like for Blake Snell, if he chose to pursue that route.