Hello all and happy Friday! Let’s get to the latest.
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times spoke to the newest Mariner — Mitch Garver — to get his thoughts on joining the club.
Around the league...
- The Mets have reportedly agreed to a one-year deal with outfielder Harrison Bader.
- Fresh off acquiring him in a trade with the Red Sox, the Braves signed left-hander Chris Sale to a two-year contract extension.
- The newly-formed Oakland Ballers were hoping to play games at the Oakland Colisseum in June of this year, but the A’s blocked their plans.
- The Rangers might get off to a slower start in 2024, but once the second half rolls around, watch out. Ben Clemens at Fangraphs broke down the strange Rangers roster.
- At the New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Christopher Nolan accepted an award for Best Director for his recent film Oppenheimer. During his speech, he mentioned participating in a Peloton class when his instructor unexpectedly began roasting his film. Here is what he was subjected to during his workout (cw: swearing):
- I mean...if I had the ability to do this, I’d do it.