Good morning everyone! We’re in the middle of a very quiet week in baseball while everyone recovers from their holiday stupor. But, the show must go on. Here’s what’s happening around the league.
In Mariners news...
- Chris Clegg of The Dynasty Dugout released his top 36 Mariners prospects, with the top 10 free to view.
Around the league...
- In a minor trade, the Brewers acquired left-hander Bryan Hudson from the Dodgers.
- Young Mets infielder Ronny Mauricio underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL, with the organization indicating that he will likely sit out for all of the 2024 season.
- Baseball America dropped the 2024 international signing period top 50 players, with the Mariners being expected to sign two players from the list. The signing period will open on January 15.
- Jeff Passan at ESPN broke down the latest rumors from around baseball. ($)
- Wander Franco has been officially accused of commercial sexual exploitation and money laundering by Dominican prosecutors.
- Esteban Rivera analyzed the impact of the Lucas Giolito signing for the Red Sox.
- The Cubs have been pretty quiet this offseason despite being in on a number of big time players. Michael Baumann at Fangraphs wonders when the team will get moving.