In Mariners news...
- Hacky Sack Geno bobblehead night. Coming to a T-Mobile Park near you in 2024!
Geno’s footwork never disappoints ⚽ pic.twitter.com/ji0AEtREcT— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) May 13, 2023
- 7 IP, 3 H, 3 K, 0 R, and lots of filth, but none filthier than this. Bryce Miller’s ERA is now 0.47.
Bryce Miller, Filthy 87mph Slider pic.twitter.com/p56lQL3WhK— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 13, 2023
- A lot to like about this, not the least of which is that Bryce Miller is on pace for something like 9 fWAR this season. Seems pretty good to me.
The @Mariners are the only MLB team to have 4 pitchers with 1.0+ fWAR this season: Luis Castillo (1.6), George Kirby (1.5), Logan Gilbert (1.3) & Bryce Miller (1.0).— Alex Mayer (@alexmayer34) May 13, 2023
- Let us not forget that one of those starts was against the Houston Astros. Bryce Miller is the real deal everybody. We have multiple appointment viewing pitchers in the rotation right now.
Bryce Miller is the first pitcher to allow no more than 3 baserunners (H, BB, HBP) in 6+ innings pitched in each of his first 3 career MLB appearances since the mound was set at its current distance in 1893.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) May 13, 2023
h/t @EliasSports pic.twitter.com/smbu9ADub2
- At least twenty teams in the league would have Hancock pitching in the big leagues by now.
New career best 10th strikeout for Emerson Hancock. pic.twitter.com/c3yFXa5siW— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 14, 2023
Around the league...
- I don’t necessarily think I could be an MLB manager, but every now and again a manager will take his prized free agent catching acquisition out of the position and put him in the DH role saying that he “has no timetable to return” and he needs to “make progress” and then put him back in at catcher a week later, and I can’t help but think, “hey, at least I wouldn’t do that.”
Willson Contreras will catch Jack Flaherty on Monday. #STLCards— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) May 13, 2023
- Remember the “Arson Judge” tweet? Good times. Not really relevant to what’s going on here, just fun to think about.
Safe to say that Aaron Judge is back. pic.twitter.com/vjvdH2bMTg— MLB (@MLB) May 13, 2023
- Jarred Kelenic was a complete maniac to start the season. The only way he falls out of leading in the six spot is when the minimum plate appearances goes up. Major props to Brent Rooker for point blank refusing to buy into the tank. Also an inordinate amount of Pirates/former A’s on this list.
Best OPS by lineup spot (min. 50 PA)— Foolish Baseball (@FoolishBB) May 13, 2023
1) LaMonte Wade Jr. 1.018
2) Paul Goldschmidt 1.074
3) Brent Rooker 1.190
4) Sean Murphy 1.164
5) Jack Suwinski 1.070
6) Jarred Kelenic 1.232
7) Joey Gallo 1.071
8) Yan Gomes/Leody Taveras .973
9) Jason Delay .998
- On the flip side however, you have a future first ballot hall of famer, someone on track for the hall of fame, and four former All-Stars.
Worst OPS by lineup spot (min. 50 PA)— Foolish Baseball (@FoolishBB) May 13, 2023
1) Tony Kemp .538
2) Juan Soto .427
3) Jeimer Candelario .478
4) Brandon Lowe .335
5) Trey Mancini .412
6) Andrés Giménez .451
7) Miguel Cabrera .410
8) Jacob Stallings .363
9) Tomás Nido .294
- I got $50 on the helmet to win. Any takers?
this race home between randy arozarena and his helmet was crazy pic.twitter.com/4LRMA8DZn2— Codify (@CodifyBaseball) May 13, 2023
- Game seven. Monday night. 6:00 pm PST. Get ready Kraken fans.
THIS TEAM IS RELENTLESS!!— x - Seattle Kraken (@SeattleKraken) May 14, 2023
GAME SEVEN COMING YOUR WAY. pic.twitter.com/HpNH8te9Qh