In Mariners news...
- Sam Haggerty shared his thoughts on the Mariners and their postseason run with MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM.
- Happy belated birthday to George Kirby!
Around the league...
- The Padres embarked on a surprise community event Friday ahead of their fan fest. (A fan fest and then some? If only the Mariners did something of the sort...)
- The Giants have been in talks with Logan Webb about a long-term extension.
- The Royals are looking to solidify several of their positions, including multiple possible contract extensions.
- Nick Plummer and Nick Martini have signed minor league deals with the Cincinnati Reds.
- The Dodgers are finally going to retire Fernando Valenzuela’s number.
- Miguel Rojas and the Dodgers are in agreement on a contract extension.
The Los Angeles #Dodgers and INF Miguel Rojas have agreed on a two-year, $11M contract extension. The deal goes through 2024, with a $5M club option for 2025 or a $1M buyout, sources tell @ElExtrabase.— Daniel Álvarez-Montes (@DanielAlvarezEE) February 4, 2023
- A decision was reached between Atlanta and Max Fried in arbitration.
Sources: Max Fried lost to the Braves in arbitration, as a panel of arbitrators ruled in the club’s favor on Saturday.— Justin Toscano (@JustinCToscano) February 4, 2023
In 2023, Fried will make $13.5 million instead of the $15 million he sought.
- The Los Angeles Appropriating Angels of Actually Anaheim announced a jersey patch partner.
- The Mets issued a major health update on pitching prospect Matt Allan.
Update from the Mets on pitching prospect Matt Allan: pic.twitter.com/OHzr3FZIcY— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) February 4, 2023
- It may not be the cinematic Mario experience we will be getting, but it is the one that we deserve.