Hello everyone! Yesterday was a wild one in the world of baseball. Let’s get you all caught up.
In Mariners news...
- Ken Rosenthal reports that the Mariners have shown interest in outfielder/designated hitter Jorge Soler.
Around the league...
- It was a turbulent day for Shohei Ohtani news, who was seemingly a Blue Jay for most of the day until it turned out he wasn’t. Jake Mintz at FOX Sports broke down the timeline of strange events that included an opera singer, a Shark Tank judge, and flight tracking. As if that wasn’t enough, people have started theorizing that Ohtani’s dog is named after a team he is considering...or that it isn’t even actually his dog in the first place.
- Former Mariners outfielder Tyler O’Neill was dealt to the Red Sox in exchange for a pair of pitchers.
- Atlanta acquired infielder David Fletcher and catcher Max Stassi from the Angels for Evan White and left-hander Tyler Thomas.
- Michael Baumann at Fangraphs wrote about the impact Juan Soto will have on the Yankees’ lineup.
- Matt Monagan listed the strangest contract clauses in baseball history.