Hello friends! Let’s check in on the latest.
In Mariners news...
- Daniel Kramer dug into the biggest questions surrounding the Mariners as we head into 2024.
Around the league...
- The Blue Jays made their second signing in the last few days, inking utilityman Isiah Kiner-Falefa to a two-year deal.
- The Twins signed right-hander Josh Staumont to a one-year contract.
- Wander Franco has been summoned by police in the Dominican Republic answer a complaint of allegations against him.
- During his introductory press conference yesterday, Yoshinobu Yamamoto said he would have chosen the Dodgers even if Shohei Ohtani had not signed with the team first.
- Player development analyst Lance Brodowski did a dive into how every organization attacks its hitting development, giving the Mariners props for how their players tend to perform.
- I pointed this out on Twitter, but per Cots Baseball Contracts, the Mariners are the only team on this list that does not have a top-12 projected payroll for 2024 (they’re 21st).