Hello all and happy Friday! Let’s dig in.
In Mariners news...
- The Over the Monster staff tried to put together a sensible trade package between the Red Sox and M’s for one of the Mariners pitchers.
Around the league...
- Yoshinobu Yamamoto found his new home, agreeing to a 12-year, $325M contract, the largest in value for a pitcher which is particularly remarkable when you consider he is an MLB rookie.
- Major League Baseball has authorized some minor rule changes to go into effect in 2024, including a shorter pitch timer with runners on base and a wider base path for runners between home and first.
- Alden Gonzalez at ESPN broke down how the RSN drama is impacting the offseason landscape.
- Rob Mains at Baseball Prospectus dug into the league-wide stats for 2023 to dig up 7 facts you might not know about the sport. ($)
- Michael Baumann at Fangraphs attempted to sort through the strange offseason for Atlanta.