Good morning, foLLks, and happy Saturday!
In Mariners news:
- Ryan Divish and Adam Jude report that the Mariners are set to take complete ownership of ROOT Sports NW, further muddying the waters of the club’s financial outlook in 2024.
- Marco Gonzales’s wife, Monica, wrote a farewell to Seattle and the M’s as they look to start their next chapter in Pittsburgh.
Monica Gonzales’ farewell to Seattle.— britt (@brittanyanne08_) December 15, 2023
That last part.. pic.twitter.com/TpDitQpzfg
- Jon Morosi’s credibility may have become strained this winter, to put it lightly, but nevertheless, he mentioned on MLB Network that the Mariners continue to be in on OF/DH Jorge Soler.
Around the league:
- The Royals continue to add via free agency, inking both outfielder Hunter Renfroe and starting pitcher Michael Wacha to two-year deals. Shoutout to them for spending money to improve the team!
Between a two-year, $13 million deal with outfielder Hunter Renfroe that @Feinsand reported earlier today and the Wacha deal that @ByRobertMurray was on top of, the Royals now have committed $105 million in free agent dollars to Renfroe, Wacha, Lugo, Stratton, Smith and Hampson.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 15, 2023
- Former Mariner Trevor Gott has signed a one-year pact with the A’s.
- Atlanta keeps wheeling and dealing.
The Braves are acquiring left-hander Ray Kerr and designated hitter Matt Carpenter in a trade with the Padres.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) December 15, 2023
- Max Scherzer underwent surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back, reports Kennedi Landry. He is hoping to get back in game action by midseason.
- Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that the Mets and Justin Turner have had talks of a reunion. Should he return to Queens, it would be the first time he’s suited up for the Mets in over a decade.
- What animal could you meet that would have you emotional like this?