In Mariners news...
- Silence. Sweet, sweet silence. I did tune into Taylor Saucedo’s twitch stream for a little bit on Friday night. That was pretty fun. Learned the man really likes broccoli, and I think using a Fortnite stream to promote the deliciousness of vegetables is noteworthy.
- Early yesterday morning, a rage-bait tier list of MLB announcing crews was posted, and it did it’s just of rage-baiting exceptionally well. Mariners fans, dissatisfied with the disrespect thrown at their beloved crew, rightfully panned the list, and eventually this wonderful compilation of Aaron Goldsmith highlights hit the timeline.
2 minutes & 20 seconds of Aaron Goldsmith's best calls throughout the 2023 season. pic.twitter.com/05AD11VyIJ— Cam (@Camd3n_10) October 7, 2023
Around the league...
- The Diamondbacks social team is acutely aware of how many Mariners fans are rooting for them this postseason and are posting accordingly.
- The Diamondbacks had A LOT to smile about last night, so it’s good to see Corbin take advantage of the opportunity.
That smile. That darn smile. pic.twitter.com/UFcuiU8guZ— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) October 8, 2023
- Future first-ballot Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw did not look the part last night. Thankfully there doesn’t appear to be anything health-related that inhibited Kershaw’s outing.
"I just feel like I let everyone down... that's wasn't the way it should have started for me." Clayton Kershaw on his performance tonight against the D-backs. pic.twitter.com/ZKlb26cRWy— SportsNet LA (@SportsNetLA) October 8, 2023
- There goes Bryce Harper, ripping bombs in October again. We’ve watched three days of postseason games and the Phillies already feel like the team of destiny.
- The Phillies then went on to barbeque Blooper in the parking lot.
It was the first time Atlanta has been shut out at home all season. https://t.co/DtOjyZLXsm— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 8, 2023
- Ah yes, the American dream. If you work hard, save your money, build your own business, then one day you too can be told to get bent by a Fortune 500 company.
Mattress Mack was asked to throw out the first pitch at the Astros-Twins ALDS game today.— Front Office Sports (@FOS) October 7, 2023
But he says Mattress Firm — an MLB sponsor — stepped in to prevent it. pic.twitter.com/1E5dLN2lOT
- South Korea’s baseball team won gold at the Asian Games, granting all players, including Dodgers pitching prospect Hyun-seok Jang, exemption from eighteen months of military service.
- Twins fans, support group meets at 8 pm on Wednesdays.