In Mariners news...
- Mariners No. 11 prospect Tyler Locklear shows how his new approach to hitting has brought him success in the Arizona Fall League.
- Greg Johns at MLB.com highlights the top 10 moments of Ichiro’s career in celebration of his 50th birthday.
Around the league...
- ICYMI, Houston Astros reliever Bryan Abreu appealed his suspension and was therefore available to pitch in last night’s game. However, his availability for Game 7 is still in doubt.
Bryan Abreu has officially appealed his suspension. The suspension is held in abeyance during the appeal process, so Abreu is available to pitch for the Astros in Game 6 tonight. The appeal hearing would take place tomorrow, so his availability for a potential Game 7 is in doubt— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) October 22, 2023
- The Texas Rangers force Game 7 against the Astros in the ALCS after a huge 9-2 victory last night, thanks to a ninth inning grand slam from Adolis Garcia. They look for their first World Series berth since 2011 tomorrow.
- San Diego Padres manager Bob Melvin has reportedly emerged as a front-runner for the San Francisco Giants’ managerial opening after the Padres granted him permission to interview. ($)
- With next season being the final year of his current contract, the Houston Astros are hoping to sign veteran second baseman Jose Altuve to a new extension that would keep him with the team for the remainder of his career.
- The Philadelphia Phillies return home to face the Arizona Diamondbacks tonight in Game 6 of the NLCS. They currently hold a 3-2 lead and look to secure their second consecutive World Series appearance.
- An incredible catch from wide receiver Jake Bobo, which was initially ruled incomplete but overturned to a touchdown shortly after, highlighted the Seahawks 20-10 win against the Arizona Cardinals yesterday.