Hello everybody! Since the Mariners played yesterday on what was supposed to be their day off, we get to start off the season with several games in a row. That’s pretty sweet. Here’s what else is going on right now.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed this...Gary Sánchez bat flipped on that flyout to end the game.
Gary Sanchez thought he hit a Walk off lmaooo pic.twitter.com/rqsP5cVxsA— jw (@the__johnw) April 8, 2022
- I suppose we will hear the results of this today.
Dipoto said Taylor Trammell is having a MRI on his hamstring today. He strained it last night running to first in Tacoma— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 8, 2022
Around the league...
- Our very own Michael Ajeto made his debut at FiveThirtyEight with an article about a trio of breakout arms for 2022.
- Gerrit Cole threw a tantrum yesterday because the start between the Yankees and Red Sox was delayed by 4 minutes. He gave up 3 runs in the first inning after this.
Just before Billy Crystal threw out the first pitch, Cole seemed PISSED about the start time getting slightly delayed pic.twitter.com/rDuvkVmWl4— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) April 8, 2022
- The Yankees reportedly came down to the wire on a potential extension with Aaron Judge, but the outfielder ultimately turned down a deal worth as much as $225 million.
- Seattle has two of the sport’s youngest players.
- Lucas Giolito left yesterday’s game with abdominal tightness. This could impact Seattle’s upcoming series with Chicago if he stays out.
- Yesterday, Rachel Balkovec officially became the first female manager in an MLB affiliated game.
- Benches cleared in last night’s primetime game between the Mets and Nationals after Steve Cishek threw a pitch at Francisco Lindor’s face. Cishek was ejected but even Lindor admits that he didn’t think the pitch was intentional.