In Mariners news...
- Hisashi Iwakuma announced via Instagram that he has signed a contract to become a special assistant for the team in 2023. Hopefully this means another bear hat giveaway!
- The Mariners have reportedly show interest in trading for Yankees second baseman Gleyber Torres.
- A great breakdown thread here about Mariners pitching prospect Bryce Miller, a name that might be worth knowing very soon Mariners fans.
SEA RHP Bryce Miller was the first name dropped (s/o @_kuyamikey), so let’s see what he’s got. Last start of the season queued up. Starts out the first batter of the game 3-0 then bounces back to strike him out. pic.twitter.com/QqwobeTr2B— Trevor Hooth (@HoothTrevor) November 19, 2022
Around the league...
- Aaron Judge believes himself to be priced out of the bidding for his 62nd homerun ball.
- Have you recently found yourself unable to sleep at night because you truly need to know just who is most likely to sign the big 4 free agent shortstops? Well you likely are not entitled to financial compensation, but Mike Petriello might be able to ease your mind a bit.
- And there goes Chaim Bloom! Showing interest in Corey Kluber... again
If you were not aware, yesterday was the 18th anniversary of the U.S. theater release of the Spongebob Squarepants movie, which means it is also the anniversary of the seventh best Spongebob song, so everyone join with me in saying happy anniversary to the Goofy Goober Rock song!