Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! It’s October, and the M’s are getting ready to play more baseball. We’re just getting started, baby.
In Mariners news...
- You know you want to watch it again.
Cal Raleigh sends the Mariners to the postseason with an emphatic walk-off ... This place is going nuts. pic.twitter.com/dMkfWu2wvX— Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) October 1, 2022
- The Mariners unveiled the Hometown Nine Class of 2027.
"Seeing their reaction in there, it could change their life and changes ours, too.” -@jp_crawford— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) September 30, 2022
We're thrilled to welcome the Hometown Nine Class of 2027! pic.twitter.com/VnXtclxNWY
Around the league...
- Atlanta has agreed to a one-year contract extension (plus an option) with right-hander Charlie Morton, who will play in his age-39 season in 2023.
- Jesse Sanchez at MLB ranked the top 50 international prospects for the coming signing period.
- Unlike the Mariners, the Blue Jays clinched their playoff berth because someone else lost, meaning they had to postpone their celebration until the next day.
- Charlie Blackmon is planning to exercise his player option for 2023, keeping him in Colorado for at least one more season.
- Jacob deGrom left his start against Atlanta yesterday due to a blister on his finger.
- Joon Lee at ESPN spoke to postseason specialist Terrance Gore about his chase for World Series rings.