In Mariners news...
- With the loss of Kyle Seager and continued shuffling of their roster, the Mariners’ biggest need entering the 2022 season is power, writes Brent Stecker at 710 ESPN Seattle.
- 17-year old pitcher Frederik Jimenez has officially signed with the Mariners.
Around the league...
- Vintage Robbie?
- The Houston Astros’ Triple-A affiliate has completed its rebrand and is now named the Sugar Land Space Cowboys, paying homage to Houston’s contributions to space exploration and Texas’ cowboy legacy.
- Rest in peace to former New York Mets reliever Jeff Innis, who passed away at the age of 59 after a long battle with cancer. He spent almost all of his carer with the Mets, recording 360 innings for the team from 1987-1993.
- Andrew Simon at MLB.com highlights the 10 most notable one-season stints that players have had with MLB teams.
- Congrats to Seattle’s Clint Dempsey and Hope Solo on their inductions to the National Soccer Hall of Fame!