1.5 games back, 5 left to play. These Mariners sure know how to keep it exciting.
In Mariners news...
- A promising injury update for the Big Maple.
A good sight on the field today, James Paxton throwing from 60 feet. Has been playing catch from shorter distances for two weeks, today the first time from 60.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) September 28, 2021
- Tonight’s starter was switched from Yusei Kikuchi to TBA, with Mariners prospect Matt Brash as a potential player to fill that role. Although he was in the ballpark and participating in on-field warm-ups, Tyler Anderson has now been named the starter for tomorrow.
Tyler Anderson will start tomorrow. Threw just 54 pitches on Saturday.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) September 28, 2021
- Wholesome content from the Sadler family after the big win.
#Believe pic.twitter.com/MJ0ECeSShO— Casey Sadler (@sadler_squared) September 28, 2021
- An amazing 4-4 night for Mitch Haniger, including his 36th and 37th homers of the season, highlights his exciting comeback after missing all of last season with an injury.
After missing all of last season, Mitch Haniger of the @Mariners now has 37 home runs this year.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) September 28, 2021
That's the 3rd-most HR in MLB history by a player who didn't play a game in any professional league the previous year, behind Willie Mays (41 in 1954) and Ted Williams (38 in 1946).
- Mariners top prospect Julio Rodriguez isn’t ready to slow down anytime soon.
Won’t stop here coming for more https://t.co/dlxSaAuX7X— Julio Y. Rodriguez (@J_RODshow) September 27, 2021
- Prior to last night’s game, RHP Wyatt Mills and LHP Justus Sheffield switched places as Mills was recalled from Triple-A Tacoma and Sheffield was optioned to Triple-A Tacoma.
Around the league...
- You love to see it.
Bradley Zimmer hit a homer off his brother Kyle Zimmer.— MLB (@MLB) September 27, 2021
Baseball is the best. pic.twitter.com/lP6aukIZyJ
- An update has been provided on Brandon Belt’s injury as a fracture in his left thumb has been revealed. His return has not yet been determined, but it’s likely that he will miss the rest of the San Francisco Giants’ regular season and the beginning of the playoffs.