It’s Friday and the Mariners are just two games out of a wild card spot! Also, the Red Sox are starting a series with the Yankees, so now might be a time to make up that ground. In the meantime, here are some links for your reading pleasure.
In Mariners news...
- Robert Pérez, Jr. picking up right where he left off for the M’s.
Around the league...
- Evan Drellich at The Athletic sets the stage for the upcoming labor dispute between the players and the owners this winter. ($)
- Jordan Shusterman at FOX Sports draws attention to the very strong season that (potential future Mariner?) José Ramírez is having.
- Juan Soto is just unbelievable.
- Major League Baseball is going to experiment with pre-tacked baseballs in the final few games of the Triple-A season, reports Kyle Glaser at Baseball America.
- Glaser also reports that the Arizona Fall League will include a number of rule changes that were tried in the minor leagues this year.
- Despite already amassing more than 100 losses this season, the Diamondbacks have agreed to a contract extension with manager Torey Lovullo.
- Shout out to the Kraken for getting vaccinated before their season begins.
Francis confirmed the Kraken are 100 percent vaccinated— Marisa Ingemi (@Marisa_Ingemi) September 23, 2021