Hello everyone! Let’s get to some links for this Thursday morning.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners have agreed to a multi-year extension with 710 ESPN Seattle on an exclusive radio broadcasting rights contract.
Around the league...
- Sounds like Seattle likely won’t have to face Mike Trout for the rest of the season.
Mike Trout is with the #Angels in Chicago and he continues to work out in hopes of coming back, but Joe Maddon conceded that it’s probably not happening this season. No surprise there. There aren’t enough days left.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) September 15, 2021
- The vast majority of MLB teams have reached this threshold. Just not Seattle.
The Phillies, according to Joe Girardi, reached the 85% vaccinated threshold yesterday. That counts Triple-A personnel and support staff in the majors.— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) September 15, 2021
- Christian Yelich is giving away 10,000 tickets to the Brewers’ upcoming series with the Cardinals in an effort to pack the stadium.
- Whoa, this is big time!
Time magazine publishes an annual list of the world’s 100 most influential people.— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) September 15, 2021
Shohei Ohtani is on this year’s list.
- Angels infielder Luis Rengifo is facing charges in Venezuela for reportedly filing forged divorce documents, according to Sam Blum at The Athletic. ($)
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs wrote about the career of Ryan Braun, which was filled with both stardom and scandal.
- Umpire Tim Timmons now insists that he did not eject the grounds crew from the game during this incident.