Good morning folks! The Mariners are looking to get back on track after yesterday’s debilitating loss. Here’s what’s happening around baseball on this Wednesday.
In Mariners news...
- Rob Arthur at Baseball Prospectus wrote about the M’s wild season, which would be one of the strangest for a playoff team in MLB history should they make the postseason. ($)
- Jake Kring-Schreifels at The Ringer remembers Ichiro’s crazy 2001 season and what it meant for baseball.
- A couple of late-season minor league promotions!
- Edwin Arroyo is going to be so much fun.
Around the league...
- Major League Baseball officially named all of its candidates for the Roberto Clemente Award. Go and vote!
- You’ll see several players today wearing No. 21 in honor of Clemente, as any player who requested a special jersey will be allowed to do so regardless of heritage.
- The Mariners aren’t the only team making internal promotions at the executive level.
The Royals are promoting Dayton Moore to president of baseball operations and JJ Picollo to GM, per source.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) September 14, 2021
- Ryan Braun, who has not played this season, has decided to retire.