Good morning everybody! With the Mariners sitting just one game back of the second wild card spot, here’s what’s happening around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners bullpen just keeps on giving.
if you haven’t watched the Mariners much this year but know they’ve had an inexplicably good bullpen you probably heard about Kendall Graveman and maybe now know about Paul Sewald’s dominance but these two guys have also just been dynamite and it’s made a huge difference pic.twitter.com/6ClYjxbGlU— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) September 11, 2021
- Here’s some video of Harry Ford’s first professional homer.
- Meanwhile, Julio continued his tear in Double-A Arkansas and is now hitting .378/.483/.559 with the Travelers.
Oh my goodness J-Rod hits a missile for his 2nd HR. 4-4, 2HR, 3R, 4RBI, BB. pic.twitter.com/HiR6te8j9A— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) September 11, 2021
- In Modesto, the team will sit out the rest of the scheduled games for this weekend.
- Good to see Justin back on the bump.
Justin Dunn pitching to Jake Fraley in sim game. pic.twitter.com/sxvMTk1vxG— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) September 10, 2021
Around the league...
- Let’s see what former Mariner Mike Montgomery is up to in Korea...
Former #Cubs LHP Mike Montgomery made a run at home-plate umpire and threw a rosin bag and connected. He was warned about ‘12 second pitch rule’ and maybe that’s why he got upset? Highly unlikely that he’s going throw another pitch in #KBO after this. #SamsungLions pic.twitter.com/OXE8ITlFEm— Daniel Kim 대니얼 김 (@DanielKimW) September 10, 2021
- This is a huge loss for the Red Sox at this point in the season.
BREAKING: Chris Sale tests positive for COVID-19, will not make scheduled start Sunday.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) September 10, 2021
- It’s official: Trevor Bauer will not be playing for the rest of the 2021 season.
MLB and the MLBPA have agreed to extend Trevor Bauer’s admin leave through the end of the World Series, according to a league official.— Britt Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) September 10, 2021
- Tigers broadcaster Jack Morris returned to the booth after serving a three-week suspension for racist remarks on the air when Shohei Ohtani was at the plate.
- Alex Cora refused to either confirm or deny Hunter Renfroe’s claims that Major League Baseball instructed the Red Sox not to test the team amidst a COVID-19 outbreak.