Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Here’s what’s happening around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Congratulations to the Sadler family!
- Cade Marlowe officially has a 20/20 season.
- J.J. Cooper of Baseball America wrote about Julio Rodríguez’s fantastic season and how it stacks up in minor league history.
- The Modesto Nuts are working to contain a COVID outbreak within the organization.
Sep. 8th game has been cancelled to allow for additional testing and contact tracing of members of the Modesto Nuts organization. We are adhering to MiLB health and safety protocols and will practice caution as we follow the guidance of experts. pic.twitter.com/1B9gyAIHmS— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) September 9, 2021
- Here comes Kevin Padlo.
Mariners roster moves:— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) September 10, 2021
Kevin Padlo, INF, recalled from Triple-A Tacoma.
Tyler Anderson, LHP, placed on bereavement list.
- In case you missed it, Jerry Dipoto appeared on 710 ESPN Seattle yesterday to talk about the playoff chase and the upcoming offseason.
Around the league...
- Eno Sarris at The Athletic tried to figure out what’s happening with five players who are struggling unexpectedly. Jarred Kelenic is one of the players discussed. ($)
- Red Sox outfielder Hunter Renfroe told a reporter that Major League Baseball told players to stop testing for COVID-19 during the team’s outbreak, which the league vehemently denied.