In Mariners News...
- Kyle Lewis was expected to be ready to go for his rehab assignment after his workouts on Sunday, but appears to need some more time.
General soreness to his body … not knee specific issues https://t.co/F49EHT1jw1— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 30, 2021
- Prior to last night’s game, the Mariners DFA’d RHP Jimmy Yacabonis and recalled INF/OF Jose Marmolejos, who was in the starting lineup at left field. Marmolejos wasted no time in his return as he hit a laser to right field in his first at-bat back, giving the Mariners their first run of the game.
marmo magic that you love to see, josé marmolejos hits a line drive, solo homer to right field in his first plate appearance back with the big-league team that will get us on the board! #RunOnSentenceNight pic.twitter.com/e69RbRWvQe— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) August 31, 2021
Around the League...
- The San Francisco Giants have lost two starting pitchers to the COVID IL in Alex Wood and Johnny Cueto. The team has recalled reliever John Brebbia and infielder Jason Vosler from Triple-A Sacramento to take their places on the active roster.
- Veteran RHP Brad Peacock has been acquired by the Boston Red Sox from the Cleveland Indians for cash considerations.
- In other Red Sox news, the team’s COVID-19 outbreak has grown to five players as Matt Barnes and Martin Perez join the list.
- Indians catcher Wilson Ramos has been ruled out for the rest of the year as he will require surgery to repair torn ligaments in his left knee. Ramos tore his ACL and MCL during the team’s game on Sunday after fielding a ground ball in front of the plate that caused his knee to buckle.