In Mariners News...
- Kyle Lewis has been putting in the work and is set to be sent out soon for his rehab assignment.
Kyle Lewis doing what looks like the final work before being sent out for his rehab assignment. Ran the bases at what looked like to be full speed a few minutes ago and now is sliding in the outfield.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) August 29, 2021
- Andres Munoz continues his recovery process from Tommy John surgery last March:
Servais said Andres Munoz is hitting 99 mph in bullpens in Arizona. But the likely won’t bring him up in September.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 29, 2021
- Congrats to Kyle Seager on a new career-high in home runs!
BUH-BYE— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) August 29, 2021
3️⃣1️⃣ is a career-high for Seags! pic.twitter.com/aOEwZ1Dgok
Around the League...
- Well Jo Adell sure makes this look easy.
Jo Adell ladies and gentlemen pic.twitter.com/5MNrDEhh1W— Taylor Blake Ward (@TaylorBlakeWard) August 29, 2021
- Shohei Ohtani continues to make history as he becomes the first player with at least 40 home runs and 20 stolen bases in a season in Angels history.
- New York Mets RHP Noah Syndergaard has reportedly tested positive for COVID prior to a rehab start yesterday.
- Javier Baez and multiple other Mets players created an odd thumbs-down celebration in response to being booed during their during games, but are receiving backlash for it from fans and team ownership.
- Wander Franco has extended his on-base streak to 26 games, joining Mickey Mantle in Hall of Fame company on the list of most consecutive games reaching base safely by players under the age of 21.
- This is crazy.