Good morning all! Here’s what you need to know on this Tuesday.
In Mariners news...
- Is that good? Seems good.
Ty France over his last 140 games: .285/.358/.444, 33 2B, 15 HR, 71 RBIs.— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) August 3, 2021
- And some more encouraging stats.
Obviously a very small sample size, but since reverting back to his 2019-2020 batting stance on Wednesday, Jarred Kelenic is running .261/.333/.391 slash with a 14.8% BB-rate and an 18.5% K-rate.— Joe Doyle (@JoeDoyleMiLB) August 3, 2021
- Congrats Gabriel!
- One of the system’s more interesting pitching prospects is making his way up.
- Ryan Blake sets the stage for the Mariners as they try to make an unlikely playoff push.
- Dan Wilson went down to California to manage for the Nuts this weekend.
- The Mariners claimed outfielder Marcus Wilson off waivers from the Red Sox and optioned him to Tacoma. The team also DFA’d Dillon Thomas.
Around the league...
- Staten Island is set to join the Atlantic League.
The Atlantic League has officially welcomed Staten Island as a member of its partner league for 2022. pic.twitter.com/v9usGTWKhB— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) August 2, 2021
- The Rays tried to get creative in trade discussions this summer, but nothing came to fruition, writes Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic. ($)
- This is just plain bad luck for the Mets.
Javier Baez just pulled up very lame trying to beat out a grounder. He is limping on his way back to the Mets' dugout.— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) August 3, 2021
- Josh Hader was placed on the COVID IL as the virus continues to take hold in the Brewers bullpen.
- Gerrit Cole will be forced to missed today’s start due to COVID.
Gerrit Cole has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not start tomorrow, Aaron Boone just announced.— Anthony Rieber (@AnthonyRieber) August 3, 2021
- Victor Robles had a pretty wholesome interaction with a praying mantis last night.
Victor Robles lets his praying mantis friend know there's one out. pic.twitter.com/7xHkgOtatP— Major League GIFs (@MajorLeagueGIFs) August 3, 2021
- Oh yeah, and a cat ran onto the field at the Yankees-Orioles game last night. Ultimately, the cat evaded capture and escaped back outside the stadium.
good night to the cat who was in yankee stadium and the cat who was in yankee stadium only pic.twitter.com/c6SuwsKhr2— Molly Morrison (@mollyhannahm) August 3, 2021