Another Ty France game-tying home run. Another dominant Paul Sewald outing. A clutch win to start off a very important series. This team is fun. The Mariners look to take two in a row from the A’s today following last night’s exciting comeback win.
In Mariners News...
- Ty doing Ty things.
- Some promising news surrounding Kyle Lewis’ injury:
Update on Kyle Lewis: Servais says he's picking up his baseball activity and there's a chance he could start a rehab assignment this weekend. He'll start DH-ing and then get games in the field. There's no timeline for when he'll rejoin the big league club.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) August 23, 2021
- Brent Stecker at 710 ESPN Seattle highlights the Mariners’ resilience as a team and how it has kept them in the playoff race.
Around the League...
- 10-year MLB veteran Adam Eaton has been DFA’d by the Los Angeles Angels after 25 games with the team.
- The San Diego Padres have fired pitching coach Larry Rothschild after just under two seasons. Bullpen coach Ben Fritz will serve as interim pitching coach for the remainder of the 2021 season.
- The Minnesota Twins have placed RHP Kenta Maeda on the 10-day IL due to right forearm tightness. Infielder Miguel Sano will take Maeda’s spot on the active roster after being reinstated from the paternity list.
- In just his third game back with the Red Sox since rejoining the team, Travis Shaw hit a walk-off grand slam in the 11th inning to give the Red Sox an 8-4 win over the Texas Rangers and keep pace in the tight wild card hunt.
- After experiencing pain in his elbow before the New York Yankees’ rained out game on Sunday, the team has placed reliever Zack Britton on the 10-day IL with a strained left elbow.