Hello everyone and happy Friday! The M’s begin a series against the beloved Astros tonight. Until then, here are some links to chew on.
In Mariners news...
- Even against a position player pitching, it still counts!
- Matt Brash struck out 11 batters in a 7-inning complete game in which he allowed just one hit.
I'm not sure if Matt Brash will ultimately be a starter at the next level, but you can bet your ass he's a 25-man arm with high-leverage traits. pic.twitter.com/MBnYMMzZz1— Joe Doyle (@JoeDoyleMiLB) August 20, 2021
- Scott got real emotional after yesterday’s win.
- The Mariners have claimed infielder Kevin Padlo off waivers from the Rays.
Around the league...
- These are...barely different from their usual blues?
- Did anyone else know this?
Just now learned that the Angels and Cleveland are playing Sunday's game in Williamsport at the LL World Series. I legitimately did not know they were doing that this year. There's been almost no marketing for that whatsoever.— Megan Corcoran (@megancorcor) August 19, 2021
or maybe I live in a cave, idk whatever
- Major League Baseball is reportedly ending their baseball card partnership with Topps and forming a new one with Fanatics.
- John Foley at Twinkie Town dives into the rough start to Oregon State alum Trevor Larnach’s career and how he can turn things around.
- Right-handed reliever Nate Jones has decided to retire.
- One of Trevor Bauer’s accusers was denied a restraining order against the Dodgers pitcher in court yesterday.
- The Seattle Storm are headed to the White House!