Good morning folks! Here’s what’s going on on this Wednesday.
In Mariners news...
- Alright, that didn’t take long!
- Noelvi Marte’s stock continues to rise.
Around the league...
- I’m sure the league will love this being presented during one of their biggest series of the season.
- Jared Diamond at The Wall Street Journal wrote about Tim Anderson’s baseball journey, one that isn’t as common as most players’.
- The Rockies will be sporting a familiar face in the short term future.
The Rockies announced today that they have selected the contract of INF/OF Taylor Motter from Triple-A Albuquerque and have placed OF Raimel Tapia on the 10-day IL with a right big toe strain. Motter will wear #18.— Rockies Club Information (@RockiesClubInfo) August 10, 2021
- Another Angels pitcher bites the dust.
Team just put out official announcement. Canning has a low back stress fracture (he originally went on the IL with a low back strain)— Jack Harris (@Jack_A_Harris) August 10, 2021
Canning was 5-4 this year with a 5.40 ERA in 13 starts before getting optioned to AAA. He only made one start there (2ip/6er) before going on IL https://t.co/Z3qA2bBgis
- Meanwhile, the Mets insist that the rash of injuries on their team isn’t the organization’s fault.
"Most of the time, it's compliance issues"— SNY (@SNYtv) August 10, 2021
Zack Scott says there's no systemic issues with the Mets' training staff in regards to injuries this season, and soft tissue injuries can be linked back to players not following through completely on plans set in place for them pic.twitter.com/82xIQULReK
- The South Side Sox staff distills exactly why the Barstool Sports partnership would be awful for the league in this particular moment.