Hello all! The M’s are back in Seattle today facing a familiar opponent in the Rangers. As they get ready for this homestand, here are some links to help you get ready for your day.
In Mariners news...
- José Marmolejos demands your attention.
Jose Marmolejos is 6-for-13 in this series (2 HR, 2B, 5 RBI, 7 R, 2 BB). pic.twitter.com/NvNuuvn1T5— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) August 10, 2021
- Emerson Hancock is making his way up the ladder!
- A trio of Mairners minor leaguers earned weekly honors.
- Andy Yamashita at The Seattle Times talked to adult Mariners fans who are too young to remember the M’s playing in the playoffs.
Around the league...
- Kudos to Chadwick Tromp for his patience.
- Major League Baseball is reportedly in discussion with Barstool Sports regarding a potential TV deal for 2022. Given that the blog literally had an entire section of their website dedicated to ranking the attractiveness of female teachers who preyed on their students and that the website’s CEO has a long history of xenophobic and misogynistic comments, I think the league should reconsider this.
- It turns out that the Rockies fan was not shouting a racial slur at Lewis Brinson, but was in fact trying to get the attention of the team’s mascot Dinger.
- Brinson himself is not so convinced, as the Marlins outfielder said he hears the slur in question when watching the video.
- Josh Reddick is now a free agent.
The Diamondbacks released Josh Reddick, who had been designated for assignment last week.— Zach Buchanan (@ZHBuchanan) August 9, 2021
- Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City is going to require masks in certain sections of the ballpark.
- This would equal the number of teams that make the playoffs in the NFL and would bring them just two shy of the NBA.
- Ashley MacLennan at Fangraphs wonders why we have an affinity for bad players on our favorite teams.
- Luke Hooper at Fangraphs takes a dive into the mechanical adjustment that Andrew Vaughn made that has unlocked his breakout.
- Coming off a silver medal run at the Olympics, Edwin Jackson is open to returning to Major League Baseball.