Good morning! Here’s some of the latest happenings to get your Wednesday off to the right start.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock and the crew over at The Athletic put together an absolutely wild and delightful collection of new interviews with some of Ichiro’s peers. ($)
- Eric shared some highlights from the Ichiro article on Twitter, but the entire thing is a blast to read.
Blessing the TL with premium Ichiro content❤️ pic.twitter.com/oqIGr1mN0D— Eric Sanford (@sanford_and_son) July 6, 2021
- Friend of the site/pod Jordan Shusterman compiled an All-Star snub list for Fox Sports that gives J.P. some of the national recognition he deserves, even if it doesn’t soothe all the pain.
Around the league…
- Milwaukee flipped recently-acquired Trevor Richards for a second Dan Vogelbach.
Brewers acquiring 1B Rowdy Tellez from Blue Jays, sources tell @TheAthletic. Return believed to include RHP Trevor Richards. Unclear if other pieces are in deal. Tellez has been in Triple A since June 22. Richards came from Rays in Adames trade.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 6, 2021
- Yet another blow for the beleaguered-but-winning White Sox.
White Sox placed catcher Yasmani Grandal on the 10-day injured list with a torn tendon in his left knee— Scott Merkin (@scottmerkin) July 6, 2021
- The Rockies’ manager claims that trade deadline hot commodity Germán Márquez is staying in Colorado, but only time will tell if they mean it.
Bud Black just told us regarding trade rumors for German Marquez “we have Marquez under control for a couple of years… he’s not going anywhere….. he’s not going to be traded” @Rockies @MLBNetworkRadio— Jim Duquette (@Jim_Duquette) July 6, 2021
- It will be the Jack Mayfield revenge series when the M’s face a Rendon-less Anaheim this weekend.
#Angels Transactions:— Angels PR (@LAAngelsPR) July 6, 2021
•Recalled INF Jack Mayfield (#59) from Triple-A Salt Lake
•Placed INF Anthony Rendon (left hamstring strain) on 10-day injured list (retro to July 5)
•OF Scott Schebler cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Salt Lake
- The Dodgers have picked up Neftali Feliz, who is apparently still playing professional baseball.
The #Dodgers are signing veteran reliever Neftali Feliz, 33, to a minor-league contract. The former 2010 AL Rookie of the Year and All-Star pitched two games for the #Phillies this year before being released.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 6, 2021
- New Era drew a great deal of deserved flak online for these abominable new “Mixed Font” hats. It has to be some kind of prank, right?