Good morning everyone! Here’s the latest from around baseball on this Tuesday.
In Mariners news...
- Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors wonders whether or not the Mariners will exercise Yusei Kikuchi’s contract option this offseason.
Around the league...
- Oh God, not another one.
- With Emerson Hancock and a couple of others sitting out of the Futures Game, the roster makes room for new additions.
There have been three Futures Game roster tweaks because of injuries:— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) July 5, 2021
CIN INF Jose Barrero for SD INF C.J. Abrams
BOS RHP Brayan Bell for SEA RHP Emerson Hancock
MIA LHP Jake Eder for PIT RHP Roansy Contreras
- Former Dodger Dave Stewart is very upset by the way the team is handling the Trevor Bauer case.
- Speaking of, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says he does not anticipate Bauer will be immediately back with the team after his seven-day administrative leave is over.
- The Marlins have reportedly offered a three-year extension to outfielder Starling Marte worth $30 million.
- The Fish got some bad news yesterday regarding one of their top young arms.
Marlins SP Sixto Sanchez will undergo shoulder surgery and miss the remainder of the 2021 season.— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) July 5, 2021
- Here’s to hoping Nellie can get back to full health soon, this sounds nasty.
Nelson Cruz (neck) is out of the #MNTwins lineup.— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) July 5, 2021
Rocco Baldelli said Cruz hurt his neck "coughing violently" and "couldn't turn his head."
Cruz has had what Baldelli described as "a really bad chest cold" for weeks now and "can't stop coughing."
Cruz went to the doctor today.
- Unfortunately cancelations of this nature appear to be getting more and more frequent as the years pass.
The Indians and Rays have postponed Tuesday’s game because of Tropical Storm Elsa. They’ll instead play a doubleheader Wednesday beginning at 12:10 pm ET.— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) July 5, 2021
Tonight’s game is unchanged.