Good morning all! Let’s get you some links on this Tuesday as the Mariners get set to play in Colorado.
In Mariners news...
- Congratulations Mitch!
Mariners oufielder @M_Hanny17 has been named American League Player of the Week.— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) July 19, 2021
Haniger hit .455 with 2 home runs and 6 RBI through the first 3 games following the All-Star Break.
- William Boor at MiLB wrote about Noelvi Marte’s breakout season and how much he has impressed people who have seen him.
- Austin Shenton and Wyatt Mills were each named to the Prospect Team of the Week.
- This just in: Jonatan Clase is fast.
With two more stolen bases Clase officially has twice as many bags as anyone else in the Arizona League https://t.co/eWToqjxsek— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) July 20, 2021
Around the league...
- The Fangraphs staff has kicked off its annual trade value series.
- This is an awesome initiative to get fans in the ballpark.
The Orioles announced fans can purchase Os Unlimited passes and attend all August and September home games on general admission tickets for $40 per month, plus a $5 sign-up fee. Information is available at https://t.co/9eOFtcY9nD.— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) July 19, 2021
- I’ve been saying all season that the Nationals are just the Angels of the National League.
Everyone (rightly) gives the Angels crap for surrounding their generational superstars with mediocrity, but Trea Turner and Juan Soto are sharing a lineup today with Alcides Escobar, Josh Harrison, Andrew Stevenson, and Gerardo Parra.— Jon Hegglund (@JonHegglund) July 19, 2021
- The Mets are reportedly looking to make a major splash at the deadline and are exploring trades for guys like Kris Bryant and José Berríos as they attempt to pull away in the NL East.
- Please don’t let him join the A’s.
No surprise, there’s keen interest in All-Star DH Nelson Cruz. Rays, Jays, maybe A’s among possible landing spots.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 19, 2021