Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! We’ve hit the totally baseball-free days of the All-Star Break given that there’s no games today or tomorrow. Regardless, the links must carry on.
In Mariners news...
- Julio was having a blast down in Denver.
One with the Kid #jr pic.twitter.com/ssXLoI0Qb2— Julio Y. Rodriguez (@J_RODshow) July 13, 2021
- It looks like the Mariners will have little issue getting this Vanderbilt commit to sign.
Third-round pick @Michael9Morales is ready to get to work. #SeaUsRise pic.twitter.com/OPUTIH1CLP— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) July 13, 2021
Around the league...
- The American League won its eighth straight All-Star Game in a 5-2 victory over the National League.
- The Angels, who need pitching, addressed that organizational need by drafting exclusively pitchers this year.
ANGELS DRAFT A NO-HITTER. A HISTORIC DAY FOR BASEBALL. pic.twitter.com/IlnxKEgP71— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) July 13, 2021
- Jazz Chisholm has no plans to stop bat-flipping and celebrating despite some fans’ anger.
- Rob Manfred is considering getting rid of the seven-inning double header and the runner starting on second base in extra innings.
- David Roth at Defector discussed the latest drama going on at ESPN regarding Shohei Ohtani.
- Well, I guess it worked!
Freddie Freeman on Intentional Talk:— Danny Vietti (@DannyVietti) July 13, 2021
“Two months ago, I’m hitting .220 BA. And Charlie goes, ‘Daddy, I’m gonna need you to start playing better so I can go to the All-Star Game and meet Fernando.’
I said, ‘That’s the only reason you want me to play better?’
He goes, ‘Yes.’” pic.twitter.com/l4bDYWvBOu
- Former Pirates first baseman Will Craig, who gained infamy for his cringeworthy fielding blunder earlier this season, has signed with the Kiwoom Heroes of the KBO in an attempt to hit the reset button.
- As we buckle up for the Summer Olympics, Dvora Meyers at Defector wonders why gymnastics’ scoring system is still so archaic compared to where the sport is heading now.