Good morning everyone! The Mariners are back at it today, and we’ve got some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Our friend Matthew Roberson wrote about Jarred Kelenic’s struggles in Seattle in his story at The New York Daily News.
- David Laurila at Fangraphs talked to Emerson Hancock about his approach to pitching.
- Great news on Yusei.
Around the league...
- This is...a concerning answer.
here's gerrit cole's response when asked point blank if he has ever used spider tack, one of the sticky substances baseball is looking to crack down on pic.twitter.com/rKFOksIDoW— Matthew Roberson (@mroberson22) June 8, 2021
- You tried, Cubs.
especially in comparison to the awesome pinstriped uniforms the White Sox uniforms put out, felt like the Cubs really played things safe and boring pic.twitter.com/BpS4IrhT9S— joon 이준엽 (@joonlee) June 8, 2021
- Zach Crizer at Yahoo! wrote about how the rise in humidors may be contributing to baseball’s offensive nadir.
- A new book confirms suspicions that the Astros continued to try to cheat during the 2019 postseason.
- Pirates gonna Pirate.
Ke'Bryan Hayes homered off Walker Buehler but was ruled out on replay review after not touching first base. So it's a scoreless first.— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) June 8, 2021