In Mariners News...
- A big congrats to Logan Gilbert on his first MLB win!
- Taylor Trammell’s return from Triple-A Tacoma has been quite exciting to watch, and his new level of confidence is one of the factors fueling his success.
Around the League...
- Baltimore Orioles ace John Means has been placed on the 10-day IL with a left shoulder strain from yesterday’s game against the Cleveland Indians. Means left the game early after facing just five batters in the first inning, but the team is hopeful he will recover quickly as the MRI showed no structural damage.
- Houston Astros utility man Aledmys Diaz will be out for six to eight weeks after fracturing his left hand from being hit by a pitch in the team’s loss on Saturday night to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- LHP Brandon Waddell has been claimed by the St. Louis Cardinals off waivers from the Baltimore Orioles. Additionally, Cardinals LHP Tyler Webb has cleared outright waivers and been assigned to Triple-A Memphis.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated starting first baseman Colin Moran from the IL but have added RHP Mitch Keller to the Covid-IL.
- In a series of roster moves, the Detroit Tigers have called up reliever Jason Foley from Triple-A Toledo to make his MLB debut. To make room on the 40-man roster, centerfielder Jacoby Jones has been DFA’d.
- Congrats to the US Men’s national team on their Concacaf Nations League championship win!!