Good morning everyone! Mariners baseball is back today after the day off. While we hope to continue to see the M’s rolling, I’ve got the latest from around baseball for you.
In Mariners news...
- Neil Paine at FiveThirtyEight wrote about the Mariners and their unexpected push for the playoffs this year.
- We had two bombs last night from José Marmolejos.
Around the league...
- The heat wave has gotten to be too much for some players, as Dylan Bundy was forced to exit his start against the Yankees last night after puking on the mound.
- Former MLB pitcher CC Sabathia penned a piece at Vanity Fair in which he expressed distress over the lack of Black representation in baseball.
- Trevor Story becomes the fourth player to confirm his participation in the home run derby after Shohei Ohtani, Pete Alonso, and Trey Mancini.
Trevor Story said he will hit in the Home Run Derby.— Nick Groke (@nickgroke) June 28, 2021
- Ketel Marte has landed back on the injured list.
Ketel Marte hits the 10-day injured list after reaggravating his hamstring yesterday. Humberto Castellanos is back up.— Zach Buchanan (@ZHBuchanan) June 28, 2021
- It’s amazing that I’ve never seen this happen before.
- Always trust the WNBA to set a great example for the rest of the nation.
Per WNBA release:— Alexa Philippou (@alexaphilippou) June 28, 2021
Since the start of the regular season, zero new players have returned a confirmed positive test for COVID-19. In addition, 99% of the league’s players are now fully vaccinated, & all 12 teams have met the threshold for being considered a fully-vaccinated team