Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Here’s what’s going on today.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic dives into Ty France’s tendency to get hit by pitches at the plate. ($)
Around the league...
- The knuckleball is back in Major League Baseball.
- Jeff Passan at ESPN reports the latest developments on the upcoming CBA negotiations, in which he notes that a work stoppage isn’t as likely as most people think. ($)
- Jonathan Mayo gives his candidates for who the next top prospect in baseball could be now that Wander Franco has been promoted.
- Shohei Ohtani’s presence provides another first in Major League Baseball.
- Garrett Richards is struggling to stay competitive without the use of foreign substances.
I have stayed away from posting spin rates this week.— Matt Williams (@MattWi77iams) June 24, 2021
Garrett Richards has now changed that. pic.twitter.com/9uT8RNuuA9
- AJ Cassavell notes that Fernando Tatis, Jr. could become baseball’s first 50-50 player.