Hello folks! Here’s what’s happening on this Wednesday.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic collaborated with a few of his colleagues to discuss a possible M’s trade for second baseman Adam Frazier. ($)
- In case you’re wondering: yes, Cal Raleigh is still raking.
Around the league...
- Don’t make Mad Max more angry.
This is incredible.— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) June 23, 2021
Joe Girardi asked the umpires to check Max Scherzer for sticky stuff again.
- That led to a whole exchange between Scherzer and Joe Girardi.
Max Scherzer and Joe Girardi had a heated exchange after the 5th inning pic.twitter.com/JQIaA6ccna— OPT (@OnePursuitTakes) June 23, 2021
- Scherzer wasn’t the only one feeling sassy during his foreign substance check.
- We need more of this in baseball.
Nick Castellanos launching a double then mocking the pitcher.... this guy literally wants smoke with everybody pic.twitter.com/hlS12PEDLr— Baseball Doesn't Exist (@BaseballDoesnt) June 22, 2021
- Wander Franco arrived on the scene with a bang.
- This poor dude just cannot stay healthy.
Looks like Ketel Marte has suffered another leg injury of some sort. He is limping off the field after doubling to left-center. He appeared to grab at his left leg on his way around first base.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 23, 2021