Good morning everybody and happy Monday! I know the first work day after a holiday can be a tough one, so let’s help you get through it with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Shed Long made history in yesterday’s Mariners win.
Shed Long Jr. of the @Mariners is the first MLB player to hit a walkoff grand slam on Father's Day since Milwaukee's Greg Vaughn did it on June 16, 1991.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) June 21, 2021
Around the league...
- Some wholesome content for your morning.
Joey got to meet his biggest fan, Abigail. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/S6GySOo6BK— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) June 20, 2021
- Sound the klaxons, folks! The Mariners forced the Rays’ hand on this, surely.
- Former beat reporter Kat O’Brien broke her silence on the assault she suffered at the hands of an MLB player (TW: sexual assault). Her harrowing story adds to the countless number of victims within an industry that desperately needs to address its broken power structures in a meaningful way.
- The Blue Jays agreed to a deal with 38-year-old reliever John Axford, who hasn’t pitched in the big leagues since 2018.