Good morning everybody and happy Monday! It’s been a minute since I covered the news on a Monday. Feels weird. Let’s get to it, though.
In Mariners news...
- Please let us have one (1) good thing this season.
Scott Servais said X-rays on Mitch Haniger’s left knee revealed a bone bruise. It’s likely that he’ll undergo more testing, such as an MRI once they get back to Seattle.— Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) June 13, 2021
Beyond that, it's day by day. Servais wasn't sure if an IL stint would be needed.
- Jack Mayfield, we hardly knew ye; the infielder was claimed off waivers by the Angels.
Around the league...
- Is this going to be a thing everywhere? I worry for what Seattle’s will look like, if so. Anyway, these are neat.
- Jake Mints at FOX Sports provides a guide for being a fan of a bad team. I hadn’t even realized that I had been following some of these already.
- Jason Heyward became the second Cubs player this weekend to reveal that he chose not to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Rangers have officially cut ties with longtime AL West slugger Khris Davis.