Hello folks and happy Friday! Let’s get you the latest from around the league.
In Mariners news...
- Daniel Kramer recapped the rapid transaction that brought Jake Bauers to Seattle and the journey the outfielder has been on to this point.
- Some bad news on the Evan White front.
Evan White's rehab delayed for the moment; was scratched from the Tacoma lineup. Didn't feel right during BP, I'm told.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) June 11, 2021
- Ryan S. Clark at The Athletic has some details on the newest ROOT Sports TV deals and how it might affect the Seattle franchises. ($)
Around the league...
- Jake Mintz at FOX Sports wrote about the beauty of low-level college baseball.
- Yeah, I’ll take “Things That Will Never Happen” for 100.
Kyler Murray continues to talk about playing pro baseball at some point. He knows he can't, he acknowledges the Cardinals certainly aren't thinking that way, but he says -- with a smile -- he doesn't want to close the door.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) June 10, 2021
"I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just talking."
- The Diamondbacks have already made some mid-season coaching changes.
The Diamondbacks have "parted ways" with hitting coach Darnell Coles and assistant Eric Hinske. Triple-A Reno hitting coach Rick Short and run-production coordinator Drew Hedman will take over as co-hitting coaches.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 10, 2021
- The MLB All-Star Game is staying in Denver. Honestly, I didn’t even know the courts had the power to decide things like this.
MLB does not have to move the All-Star Game from Denver back to Atlanta, a judge ruled, denying a request from a small business advocacy group whose evidence of economic damage was limited to a Georgia youth softball tournament in which the field had shrunk from 80 to 40 teams.— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) June 10, 2021