In Mariners News...
- Congrats to Donovan Walton on his first MLB homer!
- Congrats also to Logan Gilbert on his first career quality start:
- Yeah so anyways...
- Interesting stat of the day:
The @Mariners made 72 Major League transactions in May, most in MLB according to its transactions page.— Alex Mayer (@alexmayer34) May 31, 2021
- The Seattle Mariners have traded RHP Sam Delaplane to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for cash considerations. The San Jose native is currently recovering from Tommy John surgery, and has been optioned to Triple-A Sacramento.
- Prior to yesterday’s game, Jake Fraley was reinstated from the 10-day IL, and infielder Eric Campbell was optioned to Triple-A Tacoma in a corresponding move. Back in the lineup since April 6th, Fraley reached base 3 times yesterday with a walk, single, and double, and made some clutch defensive plays as well.
- Ken Griffey Jr. recently joined the 710 ESPN Seattle broadcast and shared his advice for rookie Jarred Kelenic as he plays through the first few weeks of his MLB career.
Around the League...
- A very impressive start to the Olympic qualifying tournament for Team Canada as they pitch a combined no-hitter against Colombia. Congrats to Ben Onyshko and Brendan McGuigan, two pitchers in the Mariners’ organization, for assisting in the no-hitter!
Team Canada opens its Olympic qualifying tournament in West Palm Beach, Florida with a 7-0 combined no-hitter over Colombia. Andrew Albers is nearly perfect for seven, and an inning each from Brendan McGuigan and Ben Onysho get it done. Jacob Robson drives in three at the dish.— Alexis Brudnicki (@baseballexis) June 1, 2021
- Milwaukee Brewers RHP Bobby Whaleys and former Mariner OF Tim Lopes have been reinstated from the 60-day IL and optioned to Triple-A Nashville.
INF/OF Tim Lopes and RHP Bobby Wahl have been reinstated from the 60-day injured list and optioned to Triple-A Nashville. The 40-man roster is at 39. pic.twitter.com/VpgK4ccTQb— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) May 31, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels starter Jose Quintana has been placed on the 10-day IL with left shoulder inflammation. LHP Jose Quijada has been recalled to take Quintana’s place on the active roster.
- The Washington Nationals have reinstated outfielder Victor Robles from the 10-day IL as they prepare for their four game series starting today against the Atlanta Braves.