In Mariners News...
- Great to see Kikuchi getting back into his groove.
Yusei Kikuchi records his 6th consecutive quality start, the first #Mariners lefty with 6 straight since James Paxton (4/26-5/25/2018).— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) May 30, 2021
Kikuchi has a 2.77 ERA (12 ER, 39.0 IP) with 11 BB and 41 SO in that span.
- 13 strikeouts in 7 innings and the Everett AquaSox’s first immaculate inning since 2007? Quite the dominant start for Brandon Williamson.
What a start by Brandon Williamson! Final line: 7.1IP, 2H, 1R, BB, 13K, 95 pitches, 70 strikes & an Immaculate Inning. Total domination. #AquaSox— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 30, 2021
Around the League...
- Congrats to Albert Pujols for passing Babe Ruth on MLB’s all-time extra-base hit list!
Albert Pujols' HR in 9th inning was his 1,357th extra-base hit of his career, passing Babe Ruth for 4th most in MLB history. He's now 20 behind Stan Musial for 3rd. pic.twitter.com/tgFCBrjxAS— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) May 30, 2021
- Former Mariner Mike Montgomery is planning to opt out of his minor league contract with the New York Yankees, and will become a free agent if the Yankees don’t select him to their major league roster.
- In other former Mariner news, Mike Zunino continues to stay hot as he hits his 12th home run of the season for the Tampa Bay Rays. He is currently leading the team and all MLB catchers in home runs this season.
- MLB is planning to reinstitute the pitcher limit on active rosters next season, which will limit teams to carrying thirteen pitchers on their active roster. This rule was waived for the past two season due to COVID-19 protocols, but the change will take place when the 2022 season begins.