Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Here’s what’s going on in baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Kyle Seager really looks like a baby at the beginning of this montage.
- We’ve got some M’s injury updates.
Evan White is picking up baseball activity today and start doing some cage work. Dylan Moore is still a few days away from doing that. Casey Sadler is also playing catch out to 90 feet.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 27, 2021
Around the league...
- Former Gonzaga standout and right-handed starter Eli Morgan is set to make his MLB debut for Cleveland tonight.
- The bad news for Mets fans only gets worse as one of their aces suffers a major setback.
Mets are shutting down Noah Syndergaard for six weeks after an MRI showed inflammation in his right elbow. The good news: No new UCL damage. But Syndergaard won't even throw until after the All-Star break.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 27, 2021
- Time to bring him home, Mariners.
Lucas Luetge, Winner by KO (81mph Slider). pic.twitter.com/J9vy11OPtS— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 27, 2021
- Blue Jays prospect Alek Manoah made his debut yesterday in a start against the Yankees, blanking them over six frames while striking out seven and earning the win. But the real star of the show was his mom, who was having a blast in the stands.
The Alek Manoah's mom supercut. (Video via Sportsnet) pic.twitter.com/wtEF6ZxdJi— Ian Hunter (@BlueJayHunter) May 27, 2021
- Shohei Ohtani was scratched from his scheduled start on the mound yesterday because...he got caught in traffic?
Joe Maddon said Ohtani was switched to DH tonight because ... there was an accident on the Bay Bridge and he had to take the BART instead— Jack Harris (@Jack_A_Harris) May 28, 2021
It pushed back his routine too much. Suzuki and Gosselin were also on the delayed bus, which is why they're out
You can't make this stuff up