In Mariners News...
- Yeah, he’s back.
- What a return for Ty Kelly!
- Congrats to Tacoma Rainiers OF Tayler Trammell and Arkansas Travelers INF Jake Scheiner on their MiLB Player of the Week award!
Another week, another pair of MiLB Player of the Week awards to go around!— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) May 24, 2021
Congrats to @TayTram24 (Triple-A West) and @Jake_Scheiner (Double-A Central) on taking home this week’s honors. pic.twitter.com/I7RduvG61B
- As Ty France is activated from the 10-day IL, Sam Haggerty takes his spot with right shoulder inflammation, adding to the increasing number of Mariners on the IL.
- Infielder Travis Blankenhorn has been claimed by the Seattle Mariners off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers and has been optioned to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Shannon Drayer at 710 ESPN Seattle puts the Mariners’ rebuild into perspective, taking a look at what their struggles this month could mean for their future goals.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic recaps Eric Campbell’s eventful month in baseball, from managing the Norwich Sea Unicorns, a college summer ball team in Connecticut, to making an MLB appearance for the Mariners.
Around the League...
- The San Diego Padres have placed CF Trent Grisham on the 10-day IL with a heel bruise, with OF Brian O’Grady recalled to take his spot on the roster.
- Catcher Wilson Ramos is headed to the Detroit Tigers’ IL for the second time this month, and will likely have to stay there for a longer period of time. The Tigers have also reinstated LHP Derek Holland from the IL to fill Ramos’ roster spot.
- The Toronto Blue Jays have announced their plan to call up their No. 5 prospect, Alex Manoah, to the big league club for Wednesday’s game against the New York Yankees.
- After being sent down to the minors in hopes of regaining confidence and plate discipline, Milwaukee Brewers infielder Keston Hiura has been recalled following his promising performance during his short stint with Triple-A Nashville.
- Congrats to UW Softball for clinching their fifth trip in a row to Super Regionals!