Hello everyone! It’s the weekend! And we’ve got the links you need to get it started.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners dropped this video literally minutes after José Godoy stepped onto the field, somehow.
"Who is José Godoy?"— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) May 22, 2021
Welcome to the show and baseball trivia lore, José! pic.twitter.com/U8U1zC2iqi
- Ty France might be coming back very soon!
Ty France is feeling much better according to Servais. He did light work today and could join the team on the road trip.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) May 21, 2021
- Larry Stone at The Seattle Times wrote about the M’s low vaccination rates and what it means for the team going forward.
Around the league...
- Zach Buchanan at The Athletic checked in with general managers of teams who used to be affiliated in the minors and are now forced to fend for themselves as independent baseball teams. ($)
- Baseball America ranked the top 50 names in college baseball today.
- Former Mariner Braden Bishop has had a tumultuous start to the season, but the chance to reunite with his brother in the Giants organization is making the whole thing worth it.
- And there’s the Mariners near the top.
Here's a thing I'll tweet and then probably just turn the notifications off because .. come on, Twitter, be cool.— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) May 21, 2021
(Houston is doing a great job of not striking out. They were the best in 2020, and 2019, and 2nd best in 2018.) pic.twitter.com/AsjXC2eeVd
- The Rays made a fairly significant trade which people thought would lead to the calling up of top prospect Wander Franco, but ultimately did not.
Right-hander Trevor Richards is going along with shortstop Willy Adames to the Brewers in exchange for relievers Drew Rasmussen and J.P. Feyereisen, sources tell ESPN. That's the full trade.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 21, 2021
- Former MLB catcher Erik Kratz says the Rockies used to bang on the bench to communicate stolen signs.
- Brian Snitker has his limits too.