Hello everyone and happy Friday! Let’s get to the latest from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Joe Rizzo is getting hot at the dish! (Although that slide looked painful)
Joe Rizzo doubles the other way scoring Jake Scheiner. pic.twitter.com/zLkn2TT7R5— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 20, 2021
- Oh, and Noelvi Marte did it again.
Around the league...
- Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto is sounding the alarm about foreign substances in baseball, suggesting that cracking down on it could raise offensive levels significantly.
- Anders (!) Johanson at South Side Sox says it’s time for the Sox to let go of Tony La Russa.
- Everyone’s already made the joke about La Russa being upset about this ruling so I’m just gonna drop it here.
Tyler Duffey suspended 3 games for throwing behind Yermin Mercedes.— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) May 20, 2021
- Eduardo Rodríguez spoke out about his horrific experience catching COVID-19 and the serious long-term effects that followed.
- Jacob deGrom struck out eight A-ball hitters in three innings while throwing 102 mph in a rehab start.
- Felipe Vázquez gets hit with some serious charges.
Felipe Vazquez guilty of 15 counts including statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, and indecent assault.— Mick Stinelli (@MickStinelli) May 21, 2021