Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! Yeah, the Mariners can’t hit. But we here at Lookout Landing can sure provide links!
In Mariners news...
- At least the Baby M’s are seeing success on the field.
We're two weeks into the MiLB season.@jjcoop36 examined how every organization is performing top to bottom.— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) May 18, 2021
The clubs with the best overall winning percentage?
- Noelvi Marte went 3-for-3 with three walks and a homer yesterday and now has an absurd stat line for Modesto.
Noelvi Marte’s 1st 12 games stateside:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 19, 2021
.404/.483/.635/1.118, 21H, 3 2B, 3HR, 15R, 15RBI, 8BB, 13K, 4/4 SB.
Around the league...
- Top Mets prospect Pete Crow-Armstrong is set to get surgery on his shoulder.
- ESPN is putting together a multi-part documentary series on the career of Derek Jeter.
- Old friends create new traditions on different teams.
Kyle Schwarber said Kris Bryant left him a Twix bar in left field between innings. Schwarber admitted to eating it, then homered in his next AB, so he may have to make this a new thing.— Mark Zuckerman (@MarkZuckerman) May 18, 2021
- Yermín Mercedes of the White Sox drew ire last night from the Twins and from his own manager for homering against a position player pitching on Monday.
- Tony La Russa certainly doesn’t have the clubhouse on this one.
Tim Anderson shares his thoughts on Instagram about Tony La Russa being upset with Yermin Mercedes. pic.twitter.com/3L89ohckBa— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) May 18, 2021
- Mike Trout is hitting the injured list once more, this time with a calf strain that is expected to shelf the outfielder for 6-8 weeks. Zach Kram at The Ringer analyzes how his injury-speckled career might stop Trout from achieving baseball history.