In Mariners News...
- Congrats to Julio Rodriguez on being named to the Dominican Republic National Team to compete in the Americas Baseball Qualifier!
Kendall Graveman, 87mph Slider (swing/miss) and 96mph Sinker (swinging K), Overlay. pic.twitter.com/tRDOg9fZNj— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 17, 2021
- The MLB Network analyst team was searching for a Jarred Kelenic swing comparison, can you guess the player that first came to mind?
- Taylor Trammell has homered in four of his last five games with the Tacoma Rainiers, and in his 22 at-bats with the team, he’s recorded 14 hits, 14 RBIs, and 6 runs.
Taylor Trammell blasts a 3-run HR! 4th HR in the series. pic.twitter.com/WjFwCwCsph— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) May 18, 2021
- Brent Stecker at 710 ESPN Seattle highlights the excitement of Jarred Kelenic’s entrance to the Mariners’ talented outfield group.
- In an announcement made by the team yesterday, fully vaccinated fans are no longer required to wear masks to Seattle Mariners games at T-Mobile Park. Fans must show proof of vaccination upon entry, and will then be granted a wristband that verifies their ability to be mask-free at the ballpark.
- After being DFA’d by the Mariners last week, the San Francisco Giants have claimed OF Braden Bishop off waivers. He will join his brother, Hunter Bishop, in the Giants’ farm system. Thank you Braden for all that you’ve done for the Mariners and for the Seattle community, we will miss you but wish you all the best!
- In a series of roster moves by the Mariners, RHP Brady Lail has been selected from Triple-A Tacoma, infielder Jack Mayfield has been optioned to Triple-A Tacoma, and RHP Domingo Tapia has been DFA’d.
- Mariners hitters had their best performance of the year on Sunday against Cleveland Indians ace Shane Bieber, and the data is here to back it up.
Around the League...
- Just ridiculous.
Shohei Ohtani - Los Angeles Angels (13) pic.twitter.com/Wy27iHxjoa— MLB HR Videos (@MLBHRVideos) May 18, 2021
- The New York Yankees have placed DH Giancarlo Stanton on the 10-day IL with a left quad strain. RHP Albert Abreu has been recalled to take Stanton’s spot on the active roster.
- Mike Trout was forced to exit the Angels’ game early yesterday after suffering a right calf strain. He was replaced in the second inning by Juan Lagares, and hopefully won’t have to spend any time on the IL.
- The Kansas City Royals have placed LHP Danny Duffy on the 10-day IL with a left forearm flexor strain. Considering Duffy’s pitching dominance so far this season, the team is hopeful that this injury won’t lead to a long-term absence.
- New York Mets ace Noah Syndergaard has started his next step to recovery from Tommy John surgery as he begins his minor league rehab assignment with Single-A St. Lucie.
- Albert Pujols went 1-4 in his Los Angeles Dodgers debut with an RBI while playing first base and batting cleanup in the Dodgers’ 3-1 win against the Arizona Diamondbacks yesterday.