It’s Sunday again, the Mariners won last night, the weather is nice, and it feels like the world is slowly opening back up. What could make this sweet world sweeter? A fresh heaping of links, of course.
In Mariners news:
The Mariners won last night! Go read about it if you haven’t.
It was a fun night on the farm, as well. Tacoma lost, but Cal Raleigh had his second career triple (#BeefBoySpeed), and all the rest of the affiliates won. We’ll have all the minors roundups for you this weekend on Monday and Wednesday but Brian from Twitter sent us this video of yet another Julio Rodríguez HR so we thought we’d share:
@J_RODshow just went yard again. 1-0 . @EverettAquaSox @SeattleSportsU @RyanDivish @Mitch_Seattle @ProspectInsider @MiLBMariners @shannondrayer @jefcuraz @soulman496 @vegastud @LookoutLanding @MsPlayerDev @tomwassell @AbrahamDeWeese @chambs79 @AngieMentink pic.twitter.com/3QZXEX70ya— Brian Solack (@soulman156) May 16, 2021
In former Mariners news:
- Rejoice, all those who love Guillermo Heredia, for Atlanta has reinstated him from the IL.
Around the League:
- No official word on this yet but the Dodgers have reportedly signed Albert Pujols. Not the place I would have guessed, but the Dodgers are struggling with some injuries (more on that later), and reportedly, the Cardinals weren’t even one of the teams interested in Pujols’ services. First of all, this is delightful because it means Pujols in the field, all the time. Secondly, if the vaunted Dodgers hitting development re-energizes Pujols’ bat right under the Angels’ nose, I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
- The Rays were busy on Saturday, sending former Mariner RHP Hunter Strickland to the Angels in exchange for a PTBNL or cash. They also sent INF Yoshitumo Tsutsugo to the Dodgers for a PTBNL or cash.
- That newfound Dodgers depth will come in handy as they’re about to be down one of their superstars; Corey Seager has a fracture in his hand after being hit by a Ross Detwiler pitch in yesterday’s game.
- The Diamondbacks are also feeling the sting of the injury bug:
The #Dbacks made the following moves:— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) May 15, 2021
-Selected INF Domingo Leyba and recalled RHP Yoan López from Triple-A Reno @Aces
-Placed J.B. Bukauskas (right elbow flexor strain) & Carson Kelly (left great toe tuft fracture) on the 10-day IL
-Transferred Kole Calhoun to the 60-day IL
- Speaking of injuries: yikes.
The #Brewers have used more players than they've played games. LHP Hoby Milner becomes the 42nd player to appear on their active roster. Tonight, they play game No. 40. I don't think they can keep this up because 162 players would be a lot.— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 15, 2021
Here’s a palate cleanser from all that stressful injury news.